The Supporting Research you find here provides further information about the positive scientific research behind How to Heal. Further reading and video content about the subjects on this website is available from the Links page.
Research on Chronic Fatigue, Fibromyalgia and related issues
- Confirmation CFS / ME is often followed after period of Stress – Science Journal report
- Confirmation of abnormal stress response in patients with CFS / ME in Science Direct Medical Report
- Positive results when using CBT to help ME / CFS, which is a technique included in How to Heal’s approach – The Lancet Report and NCBI Research Report
- Medical research finding distinct link between CFS and Stress
- Further medical research showing links between CFS, Stress and emotions
Research on Stress and Health issues
- Read about inflammatory responses and how stress is often involved in this Science Direct Report and Research Report
- More evidence supporting Stress causes Disease.
- Effect of Stress on immunity – Medical Research Report
- Medical research report outlining link between chronic back pain and stress
- Research on lower back pain at work and the link with stress – Report
- Medical research proving the vicious circle of stress
- Research showing the power of ‘perception’ and the mind in research which shows pills have a ‘placebo’ effect
- Medical review highlighting research that placebos work because when our brain expects healing, it produces a biological response which enables self healing.
- Research on ‘neuro-plasticity’ which shows how your brain and body can learn new responses – Neuro-plastisity Wikipedia
- Information on ‘Implicit Learning’ – learning in an accident manner, without concious choice, which is how stress related conditions take hold – Implicit Learning Wikipedia
- Learn more about what happens to your body during the stress response – Stress Response Mayo Clinic Report and Stress Wikipedia
- Information on why we get diseases – Bruce Lipton Nature of Disease